- Doing it yourself is as good as taking it to an auto repair shop – Vehicles have become much more sophisticated under the hood in the last 20 years. There are plenty of little tasks that drivers can do themselves, such as topping o ...[more]
At McGee Auto Service and Tires, we do a lot of wheel alignments here in Lakeland, FL and Clearwater, FL. Considering how many customers we see for wheel alignment work, it’s not surprising that some have certain misconceptions about this common maintenance item, so we’d like to clear up a few things:
- My steering wheel is vibrating – do I need an alignment? The answer to that is almost always…no. Lots of things can cause a vibration in the steering wheel, including an out-of-round tire, a wheel that needs to be balanced or suspension problems, but it’s very rare for an alignment problem to set up vibrations through the steering column.
- My car still pulls to the right! Pulling to the ri ...[more]
Summers in Clearwater, FL and Lakeland, FL can be a lot of fun. For kids, it seems like summer will go on forever. Parents, on the other hand, are usually looking forward to having a somewhat more structured routine to go by. In either case, it’s important to make sure that your car’s ready to go back-to-school too!
- Oil Changes – It’s probably the one biggest factor in getting the most miles out of your vehicle. Regular oil changes prevent buildups of carbon and sludge on internal engine assemblies and cut wear on crucial moving parts. Conventional mineral-based oil should be changed every 5,000 miles, and synthetic oil every 7,500-10,000 miles (check manufacturer’s recommendations for correct oil change intervals) ...[more]
Everyone makes mistakes…some mistakes, though, can end up being a lot more expensive than others. When it comes to auto repair in Bradenton, FL, there are some mistakes you really don’t want to make. You might be amazed at some of what we see here at McGee Auto Service & Tires in Bradenton, FL. So, we thought we’d share a few tips with you to save yourself some money, trouble and time:
- Don’t neglect minor repairs and preventive maintenance. They call it “preventive maintenance” for good reason – it’s intended to prevent real trouble. That includes things like cooling system flushes, belts and hoses, regular oil changes, brake service and transmission maintenance. The choice is yours – spend a little money now to tak ...[more]
McGee Auto Service & Tires has been serving the Lakeland, FL area for tires and auto repair since 1974. In the last 40 years, we have expanded to a growing network of 24 full service automotive centers. We’ve learned a lot over the years and have strived to become the number one choice for auto repair and tires in Lakeland, FL and surrounding areas. From our highly trained and skilled automotive technicians to quality auto repair that you can trust, we listen to our customers to provide top of the line lasting service that keeps your vehicle on the road. McGee Auto Service & Tires makes sure you and your loved ones are safe through the life of your car, truck, or SUV. We offer many different services from routine maintenance to emergency repairs:
· Air Con ...[more]
How to Improve Gas Mileage
As gas prices soar to record highs around the country, improving your vehicle’s gas mileage is no longer a hobby, but a necessity. At McGee Auto Service, we know how important improving gas mileage is, and we are here to help.
Taking the steps necessary to allow your car to maximize the driving distance it can achieve on a single tank of gas will not only help you save money at the pump, but it is also good for the environment. The less gas used means fewer emissions spilled into the air and a reduction of dependence on oil.
Not driving your car or using public transportation are some of the most effective ways to improve the gas mileage of your car, but these ideas for saving fuel are not always practical. There are several ways to help drivers increase their gas mileage that still allow them to use their car. In general, fuel economy is increased through a combination of more efficient driv ...[more]
Oil Changes Are Necessary and Important
The understanding that an automobile needs consistent oil changes to perform correctly is as common as understanding that cars need fuel to run. Teenagers hear it a hundred times before they get their driver’s license, and mechanics even place stickers on windshields to help adults remember to get the oil changed regularly. It is understood by everyone that oil changes are important, but do most people understand why? McGee Auto Service & Tires does quality oil changes in Tampa, Florida, and are here to help you understand why it is so important to schedule regular oil changes.
Why an Automobile Needs Oil
Oil is used in vehicles to lubricate different working parts. Lubrication, by definition, prevents friction. Too much fric ...[more]
McGee Auto Service and Tires is offering a free tire rotation and courtesy inspection with your oil change. Changing your oil and rotating your tires will help you get the most out of your investment and keep it running smooth.
McGee Auto Service and Tires has 26 full service locations to serve you from Tampa to Tallahassee, Lakeland to
Daytona, and more. Finding a location near you is always easy and each location has trained auto mechanics to keep you on the road.
Schedule an Appointment today for your oil change and free tire rotation and become Gremlin Free with Mcgee!
|1 2 3||Next >>|